NHS Lean for Beginners
This interactive on-line course gives a full introduction to the principles, language and techniques of Lean and how it is used in the NHS. We show you using on screen graphics, videos and voice over examples how lean is used and what the key Lean words and phrases mean and how they apply in the the modern workplace.
We focus in the videos on how Lean can be used in the Public Sector and use numerous examples from the Public Sector throughout the videos including many real life examples from the NHS.
You will get the following in the course:
- 4 videos of approximately 10 minutes each (40 minutes in total)
- 2 or 3 questions after each video to test your knowledge with on line answers provided focusing on NHS application of Lean.
- A PowerPoint presentation to download and make notes on.
- A Case Study to download
The course content covers the following areas:
- An introduction to Lean & its history
- Cycle Time & Takt Time
- The 8 Wastes
- The 5 Ss (Hygiene Factors)
- Value Stream Mapping (includes a mini Public Sector case study to download)