Lean for Beginners
This interactive on-line course gives a full introduction to the principles, language and techniques of Lean. We show you using on screen graphics, videos and voice over examples how lean is used and what the key Lean words and phrases mean and how they apply in the the modern workplace.
We focus in the videos on how Lean can be applied in service organisations, in support functions and in front line business operations.
You will get the following in the course:
- 4 videos of approximately 10 minutes each (40 minutes in total)
- 2 or 3 questions after each video to test your knowledge with on line answers provided
- A PowerPoint presentation to download and make notes on.
- A Case Study to download
The course content covers the following areas:
- An introduction to Lean & its history
- Cycle Time & Takt Time
- The 8 Wastes
- The 5 Ss (Hygiene Factors)
- Value Stream Mapping (includes a mini case study to download)