Certificate in Business Finance (Module 1)
This is the first of 3 modules that make up the Certificate in Business Finance.
This module introduces all the basic language of Finance to help learners feel comfortable with the terminology accountants use. The course assumes that learners have no prior knowledge and uses examples based on real Business documents.
- To enable users to feel confident and comfortable when using Budget Reports
- To help users communicate more easily with the Finance Team
This module consists of 4 sections each with a video, exercises and a quiz to test learning. The videos cover:
- Financial Information Overview – how Finance works, the key statements needed and why they’re important
- Principles of Accruals Accounting – how all finance and accounting works in time periods and why this is important
- The Balance Sheet – introduction, format, content and why it’s important to understand it
- Profit and Loss Report and the Budget Report – introduction, format, content and why it’s important to understand it
The module is interactive, tests learning, has built in feedback and the option to ask questions to the Tutor. Taking approximately 90 minutes to complete, an overall course score is generated at the end of the module which contributes towards the final certificate.